Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bailey's Pool Party

Yesterday was Bailey's 5th birthday and we celebrated at Nana's pool with all her classmates. The kids had the day off of school (teacher workday) so it was a great day for a party!! Perfect weather, nice warm pool (thanks to mom's pool heater) and lots of fun in the sun!!! :)

I have to give a BIG THANK YOU to Mike Diaz (Cristian's dad) of TURN 2 PHOTOGRAPHY for taking these amazingly beautiful pictures! He has been studying photography and clearly has a natural talent for it. I was completely suprised this morning when I ran into him at school and he handed me a CD full of gorgeous pictures!!! I cannot thank him enough for such a wonderful gift. Now, I want a professional photographer at all my parties and I know who I'll be calling!!! His contact info can be found at the end of this post. :)

This is going to sound ridiculous but this is the first of Bailey's two parties. lol I have another party planned for this weekend with all her neighborhood girlfriends. Its going to be very girly, very pink and very fancy! ;) I chose to do two parties b/c I can't handle more than 12 children at one time (AND I'm not sure the boys would appreciate her pink frilly main party). lol




So here it is...Bailey's Pool Party!!!!



As a party favor each guest was sent home with a monogrammed towel.









We were well equiped with floats for all the kiddos! :) My Little Livie had a BLAST! She loved watching all the "Kaleys" swim and screech. "Kaley" is what she calls any child that is Bailey's size. Our neighbor's little girl is named Kaley so in Olivia's little mind there are two types of kids...there's Bailey and everyone else is Kaley. lol

I had a fishing game set up for the kids. Each fish had a number on the back (numbered 1-3) and whatever number they "caught" they picked a prize from the corresponding treasure box. Really fun game and was well recieved by the kids! :)

LUNCHTIME!!! We served octopus hotdogs, grapes, mac n cheese and chips. I was nervous the kids were going to be turned off by hotdogs that looked like octopus, but they LOVED it!




Another big hit was the "make your own sudae". Most kids chose all the toppings and their ice cream looked alittle something like this... lol

It was a really fun party for my little Bailey girl. Even though I was a little overwhelmed with the last minute planning I'm so happy we threw a celebration on her actual birthday. Lots and lots of fun!!!!



Photographer: Mike Diaz

turn2photography@yahoo.com

21 comments:

  1. Once again, awesome party!! I can't wait to see her main party!! What a lucky little lady she is!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you have the time in your day for all of this. You're amazing. I'm still waiting to see you have your own show on Food Network- I think you're long overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kate! You didn't even mention that you were do this, too!! Loved everything and it sure looked like the kids were having a ball! Great job..... AGAIN!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous your work is amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your blog. I create custom party supplies and find your blog to be a great inspiration. You are truly one talented mamma. I was thinking of doing a last day of school party for my son. This post gave me so many wonderful ideas. I love it!!!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck tomOrrow (I'm guessing that's round2)
    Look forward to seeing all the pics of the Girly girl party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you hang the beach balls?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing party! That cake is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many creative ideas! I love the monogrammed towels, the hot dog octopi, and the ice cream topping bar. The kids look they're having tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So many great ideas...thanks for sharing this blog with others. My daughter is turning 4 and having a beach theme party although with out the pool. Plenty of water activities though...Love the ice cream bar. What is the third topping?Looks like Oreos but can't tell. I love the "names" you have for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you find the ice cream bowls? I'm havin my son an ice cream party and would live to find some bowls like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dollar Store!!! :) Gotta love that! 3 for a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. where did you get the floats from?

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are the cutest ideas, thank you and keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is a great and very informative post! Thanks for sharing. I always like to read a quality content having accurate information regarding the subject and the same thing I found in this post. For children stuff, party and business, you may also check a children franchise opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this pool party! So many great ideas! The hanging beach balls are my favorite!! I just had to include them in my round up of lovely beach ball ideas! http://blovelyevents.com/2013/06/06/that-blow-up-ball-we-all-love-a-beach-ball/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of creative ideas to follow, love your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am totally speechless all I utter is Wow! Thumps up to you for arranging such a tremendous birthday party. The games, the theme, the cake and everything are just so perfect.

    http://www.sandbiz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is super impressive. The cake and all the snacks looked amazing! This only makes me jealous that I can't do anything like this! You should take a picture of your pool area, it looks really nice! http://www.poolfencephoenix.com/products

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are lot of companies which offers swimming pool parts at very low costs but never take things on seeing their low cost, first check whether the Pool part you are taking is of good quality or not. Then check the warranty of the part. These such things such be kept in mind before taking any kind of swimming pool product from the market.

    ReplyDelete