Sunday, June 6, 2010

Miniature Pregnant Belly Cakes

Oh my goodness I just love these!!! A friend of mine is pregnant with her second child and the girls are getting together today for a little surprise luncheon shower. The guest of honor is on a strict diet of no soy, no dairy (yes, that includes butter) so figuring out this cake was a bit of a challenge for me. I honestly didn't think it was possible to make a cake w/ no butter, milk, or soy is in EVERYTHING including vegetable oil and shortening!!) BUT luckily for me, Cherrybrook Kitchen sells cake mix and icing that was perfect for her needs. It was a little difficult to work with, but a life saver for someone on this type of diet! And I was able to make my marshmallow fondant soy and dairy free as well so it all worked out. :)

Are they not to die for!!?!?!?!?!?

Don't you just love the preggo cleavage!?!?! lol

(the boobies are cake balls!!!)

Here we are!!
Great food,
Great friends,
Great cake!!!!


  1. These are ADORABLE, I love them! SOOO SOOO cute.

  2. So stinkin cute!!! Did you use fondant for all detail? LOVE these! I love ALL your cakes!

  3. love them, l have a pregnant friend that we are planing her shower, can you give me a few hints on how to make them? thank you

  4. These are adorable! what size pans did you use to make them mini??