PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Cake Pops and Stand

I just LOVE this cake pop stand! So super easy and cheap. All you need is a piece of 2 by 4 wood (cut to any length you wish), a page of decorative scrapbook paper, modgepodge, ribbon and a drill. :) I found an awesome tutorial here. Check it out if you want to recreate this cute and affordable sucker stand.
























I made these for our new neighbors who have been in their house since the beginning of summer. So this is considered a very late "welcome to the neighborhood" gift AS WELL AS a "thank you for bringing our runaway puppy home" (several times in the last couple of months)!!! Our little Charlie LOVES to dart out the door and/or slink under the fence without our knowing. Luckily our new neighbors are very good about catching him for us and bringing him to our front door! :) Hopefully these cake pops will help show our appreciation for all the times they've had to carry little Charlie boy home to us.






Here they are wrapped up and ready to be brought over.










Pretty right? Its easy!! Give it a try. :)
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And here is the little culprit...the inspiration to this little cake pop project. Don't let his sweet expression fool you. This man is one mischevious and sneeky little pup. If you hang around our house for longer than 10 minutes you're almost guaranteed to hear a loud,
"CHARRRRRLIEEE!!!!"

The boy is always up to no good...

3 comments:

  1. OK First of all Charlie is SO frigging adorable!!

    Second... How do your cake balls/pops, always come out so smooth?? Mine always come out all blobby! Even when I freeze the balls before I dip them, and I use the melts with a little Crisco. Maybe I just need to make them more often to get the hang of it?? lol
    Maybe you can do a little tutorial on exactly how you make them! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should Krissy!! :) First, its lots of practice! But what I do is pour the chocolate over them with a large spoon instead of dipping. If I'm doing cake balls (and not pops) I first dip the bottom of the ball (hehehe);) into the chocolate then place it on a fork. With my left hand I hold the fork and with my right I pour the chocolate over the ball. Then I tap the fork with the spoon to gently get the excess chocolate to slide off. THats what makes it so smooth. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! Thanks for explaining your ball dipping skills! :-p I'll try that next time! :D

    ReplyDelete