PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Cake

Wow, love this theme! Love this cake! I want to have another baby just so I can have a 1st birthday w/ this theme! JUST KIDDING!! Don't love it that much! ;)
But really, how cute is this theme???
The smash cake....

And I couldn't resist planning a Very Hungry Caterpillar party! This is totally a theme I would choose if I could do my girl's first birthday all over again!!
.

First off, check out these invitations!!! So clever and so CUTE! Source
And I love how the food is set up on these parties. Your menu idea is already chosen for you b/c you can just use all the food the caterpillar ate on his journey through out the book. (just don't forget to poke little holes in every piece of food like the caterpillar did in the book!!) Its all in the details!!Check these parties out. HERE and HERE
And what a cute balloon caterpillar decoration! I love it!
The decorated sugar cookies are so cute!!!
And for a party favor/activity, equip your quests with little butterfly nets. You can have a caterpillar/butterfly hunt like THIS party did. Make caterpillars out of pom poms or egg cartons cut up and painted. Or you could even have a candy/food hunt...the kids could be little caterpillars on a quest for food!!! The possibilities are endless. So much fun!
And last, but not least...check out ESTY.com ** for this adorable caterpillar photo prop to display pics of your growing caterpillar! I love it!

**Disclosure: Etsy is dangerous and very addictive!!! Consider this a warning..if you haven't explored Esty yet then you're in for an expensive treat!! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Love this cake. Funny thing, I just had a customer order a cake for her son's first b-day and asked for the Very Hungry Caterpillar. Thanks for a great post and great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever considered doing a Food Network Challenge? And that's not just lip service, I really think you should look into it. You are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! I'm not too sure about the Food Network Challenge...I believe I might get eaten alive!!! lol I appreciate the compliment though!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete